This morning at 9 a.m., – 58th Kékszalag Raiffeisen Grand Prix officially ended with the expiration of the 48-hour time limit.
Despite the persistent calm and the heat, exactly 250 units out of 458 starters completed the distance. The last boat to finish was the Nauszikaa, which crossed the finish line in Balatonfüred just 8 seconds before the deadline. True to tradition, the absolute winner RSM team welcomed them at the finish line, paying tribute to their endurance with a sporting gesture.
András Holczhauser – Secretary General of the Hungarian Sailing Association, assessed the performance of the field as follows: “We are incredibly proud of the sailors starting on the Blue Ribbon, as more than half of the field reached the finish line, which, given the circumstances, in this heat and calm wind, is a huge sporting achievement and proves the kind of perseverance and determination needed to succeed in this otherwise beautiful sport.”
The successful completion of the Blue Ribbon in this technical, challenging competition represents an outstanding sporting value in itself, and perfectly reflects the preparedness of the Hungarian large-boat community.
On Saturday, the Blue Ribbon Festival, the Blue Ribbon Week, will reach its peak. íThe solemn awards gala will begin at 6 p.m. on Balatonfüred’s Gyógy Square and the week-long sailing festival will conclude with an authentic Balaton street ball from 8:30 p.m.
There was huge interest in this year’s Blue Ribbon. “Nearly 200,000 people watched the live online broadcast of the Telekom Live studio, which is a huge step forward, almost double the number of viewers last year. This is thanks to the level and excitement of the competition, as well as the professional, television-quality broadcast, in which showed the most exciting moments and spectacular images of the Blue Ribbon to the viewers with 34 cameras, including 5 drones, 3 broadcasting motorbikes, 16 onboard cameras and 7 party cameras,” overall said by Csaba Fegyver – Telekom’s Director of Strategic and Key Projects.
Videos from the 58th Kékszalag Raiffeisen Grand Prix are available on the Telekom Live YouTube channel.
Update by Aggie Reiter







RSS - Posts
3 Aug
Day Zero! Sziget Festival! “Bring the kids!”
Posted by www.rollinginbudapest.com in Entertainment, Leave a Comment. Tagged: - Morcheeba, Faithless, Goran Bregović, György Korda- Klári Balázs, Hajógyári Island, Károly Gerendai - founder Sziget, Music fills th Sziget Festival, Péter Janklovics, Peti & The Hedlájnerz, Pietro Fabulos.. Comments Off on Day Zero! Sziget Festival! “Bring the kids!”
This year, Sziget is building on nostalgia on Day Zero: on August 10, performers such as Faithless, Morcheeba, Goran Bregović – and György Korda and Klári Balázs will return to the festival. The organizers aim to bring back to Hajógyári Island those who once grew up here as festival-goers – this time with their own children.
Many people would probably ask why this Sziget will be different from the ones before? Two decades later, the world has taken an interesting turn. The Sziget goers back then are often parents now, so the phrase has taken on a new meaning: now it’s more like “Bring the kids!” This year’s Day Zero is also based on this, which the organizers specifically intend for those for whom Sziget was once a defining part of their lives.
As Károly Gerendai – founder of Sziget, told “Q”: We want them to relive the feeling that made them fall in love with the festival. Now they can show their kids why it was so important to them.”
After the main stage programs, the party continues on the Revolut Stage, where the organizers will participate in a train game at the legendary Dance Song Festival tent to evoke its atmosphere. (The dancers form a chain like a real train and walk around to the music). György Korda and Klári Balázs will return after a long time, followed by Peti & The Hedlájnerz audio video disco, hosted by Péter Janklovics, this time as his new alter ego, Pietro Fabulos.
Of course, Day Zero is not just about reminiscing about the past. It is more about those who once had their first festival experiences on the Hajógyári Island, at the Sziget Festival, and now being able to pass them on to the next generation, this time even in their own with their children.
Entry to the Sziget Festival is free of charge for children under 11, but nessesary an accompanying adult and a separate children’s wristband required for children under 14.
Wristband: It is mandatory to collect a child’s wristband at the entrance, on which the name and phone number of the accompanying adult must be written.
Accompanying person: Visitors under 14 can only enter with an adult. Useful information for families.
Family camping: A separate fenced-off zone awaits families camping in the Siesta Camping area. It is worth bringing the children’s ID (e.g. student ID or passport) with you for entry.
Ariving around 4 p.m.there is room for a longer walk around the stages, some circus/theater program, at least one concert and an outdoor dinner until 9-10 p.m.
Festival-goers will be able to choose from more than 5000 programs at this year’s Sziget Festival.
Hundreds of music and art performers, workshops, sporty activities and eyecatching programs awaiting th visitors!
Reminder by Aggie Reiter